DEPOSIT PROTECTION SCHEME
Within 30 days of receiving a deposit the Landlord or Agent
must lodge the deposit in a scheme or insure it.
They must also give the tenant and any other person/entity
who provided the deposit, details about how their deposit
is protected including:
1. The contact details of the tenancy deposit scheme selected.
2. Provide the prescribed information and schemes' conditions
to the tenant and other person(s) who may have paid the
deposit (parent etc).
3. Details from the scheme of how to apply for the release of the deposit.
4. Information explaining the purpose of the deposit and
definition of how such monies would be returned.
5. What to do if there is a dispute about the deposit.