Wednesday, 19 September 2012


If you have been unlawfully evicted don't bother going to the police and telling them your story.....they simply are not interested.  They will insist that it is a civil matter and you should go and consult with a solicitor or the CAB.  I see it mentioned in numerous writings telling you that the first thing you must do is inform the police that you have been unlawfully evicted from your home....Rubbish.  

Even if the police did act on the matter it would not be because you have been evicted in all probability it would be because you have been harassed.....which is also a criminal offence. Even though unlawful eviction is a criminal offence it will be a rare occasion that the police will bother to act. 

Even if they do act and the matter is brought before the criminal courts the fines awarded for the crime are very low in value and often it will suit the landlords needs and not hurt his pocket in the least.  
So remember if you are unlawfully evicted from your home don't waste your time going to the police. Go to a reputable law firm and state your case there. The courts award heavy penalties against landlords who do not abide by the law.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. Tracing ex-tenants