Saturday, 6 October 2012

Small Claims Court

If you have a problem with your landlord and you talk to him without getting your problem solved, then take him before the Small Claims Court.  This is a very informal court and it is design for people who have never been before the courts system before and obviously they are wary of what they should say etc.

Your claim will be dealt with by a judge,  who will lead you into the case by asking you questions.

There is no pressure placed upon you and in a lot of cases the judge will assist you if you get stuck on an issue.  So you don't have to take any nonsense from a rogue landlord.

By the way .....If you appear in person before the court, there are no fees for you to pay if you are on a low income and the Court Office will assist you in this matter. If you file a Money Claim on line then all the fees apply.

Below is a link that may be of assistance to you.

Frequently asked questions;

1 comment:

  1. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. Tracing ex-tenants